Why So Organized?
The reason I like to be highly organized and planned out, is because when I'm in the thick of homeschooling two weird things happen.
1. When I'm under pressure to perform I get fumbly and forgetful. So I organize like crazy so that it is impossible for me to forget anything. Then I am good. I am efficient. I succeed at my task: Teaching. They succeed at their task: Learning. The world is happy. (At least mine is.)
2. I must present my lessons efficiently because my children are highly distractable. (I'm not sure if anyone else's kids are like this.) Some programs have a lot of stuff to it. Books, workbooks, word flash cards, letter sound flash cards, not to mention a magnetic board with all those little tiles. All sorts of things. So to keep things from getting out of hand, I have to be on the top of my game to not only hold their attention, but to get the point of the lesson across. Get in, do the job, get out.
Here is an ever growing list of my Homeschool Organization ideas:
1. Prep and Use of My Father's World 1st Grade (now known as Learning God's Story)
2. Prep and Use of My Father's World Rome To Reformation
3. Prep and Use of Confessions of a Homeschooler's "Letter of the Week"
4. Our Workbox System
5. Prep and Use of All About Reading